Workforce Services and WIOA
Kankakee Workforce Services provides comprehensive employment assistance through the Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act of 2014 (WIOA). We help:
- People who lost their jobs through plant closings or layoffs
- Low-income individuals, working or not
- Youth ages 16-24
Assistance includes programs and services that enhance employment marketability. These are offered at no cost to qualified individuals.
WIOA forms the basis for a unique national workforce preparation and employment system. It focuses on meeting the business need for skilled workers and the training, education, and employment needs of individuals. Through WIOA, customers can:
- Access the information and services they need through a "one-stop" system
- Obtain training through individual accounts that allow adult customers to "purchase" the training they determine best for them
- Ensure that all state and local programs meet customer expectations
Fundable WIOA Programs
WIOA funds are designated for specific degree and training programs per local workforce area. In order for an individual to be funded by Kankakee Workforce Services, their degree or training program must be on the list of Illinois Workforce Development System programs. To search our list of programs:
- Visit the Illinois WorkNet Center WIOA Approved Training Programs Search page.
- Search using any keywords, training program name (nursing, welding, etc.), provider (college, university, etc.) or by location (city, ZIP code).
If you have any questions regarding a degree or training program, phone 815-802-8963/TTY 800-526-0844.
All Programs are Equal Opportunity Employer Programs, and auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Local Equal Opportunity Officer
The workforce product was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor's Employment and Training Administration. The product was created by the recipient and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or the completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership. This products is copyrighted by the institution that created it.